Lawyers and their reliability---

General questions & discussions on Cyprus property related matters
surawy

Lawyers and their reliability---

Post by surawy »

I have found that the lawyers i have used have been very slow and unresponsive.
Sadly i did not see the rrecommended list until to-day.
My firm M.Kyprianou is not on that list.
I dont want to start a slagging match---dangerous.
I wonder if anyone has any experience/advice or comments.
As mentioned previously we are forming a management committe for our complex--Superior27--developers Pitsiakkos---any comments re them.
Its a slow process but i am doing the donkey work

Best Wishes to all

Andrew
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Re: Lawyers and their reliability---

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hello Andrew

I'm afraid that many of the lawyers in Cyprus are slow & unresponsive. Telephone calls, emails and letters are often ignored. Your lawyer isn't unique in this respect.

The only thing you can do is keep badgering them until you get a reply - better still to meet with them face-to-face.

I can't comment Pitsiakkos - I've not heard of them before.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Independent information & advice for Cyprus property buyers
Contact Nigel Howarth
Read the latest Cyprus property news
LDonald101

Post by LDonald101 »

Would it be appropriate to name and shame the not so good ones. To make balance things we should name the ones who have done a good job. I can start. Louise Z and her team are representing me in a purchase at the moment, fast response to mails, calls etc. Top job all round.
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

I'd rather name lawyers who do a good job rather than name and shame as it will avoid possible problems.

I know Louise Zambartas and her husband George and have no hesitation in recommending her.

Cheers,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
booyaka10

Post by booyaka10 »

Hello Andrew,
we are having issues with the developer of Superior 68 (CHL Enterprises) and are currently
with the M. Kyprianou Law firm. To date it has cost a small fortune (over 2 years), and despite winning the court case the developer hasn't paid up!
As for responsive communications -we have had to chase up on quite a few times, but got an answer in the end.

Persistence does pay off with the solicitor, unfortunately the same can't be said for the developer!
AREonline

Post by AREonline »

Dear Nigel

We appear to be getting no response from our developer at all now, of which I on behalf of my committee have been trying to build bridges with over the past 12months without having to go down the route of instructing lawyers again. We have used a lawyer previously in Paphos that were not on the recommended list but she is well known. These have been sacked for various reasons of which I won't go into here.

We have outstanding issues on our complex including Final Completion Certificate and Annual IPT of which I have asked you about last week and received very useful information, thank you. Our developer will not respond to questions raised on IPT and signing of the Completion certificate with the Municipality which we the committee know is ready for approval as we have been told by the city engineer.

The Management Committee of which I am secretary are looking to make a decision by October to instruct a new lawyer with sufficient weight and experience that can steer us in the right direction, If we have no alternative but to take our developer to court.

I know you recommend Louise Zambartas but can yourself or anyone recommend Stelios Stylianou from Nicosia?

Kind Regards
Andrew
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

AREonline wrote:can yourself or anyone recommend Stelios Stylianou from Nicosia?
Yes - I've met Stelios several times (the last time was while walking the Artemis Trail in Troodos!) he was on the PICAS panel of advisors and I know he has helped many people with their property issues.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth
williambeddoe

Post by williambeddoe »

Hi Nigel, Hope you are well
When reading the last posting below you have said,
Yes - I've met Stelios several times (the last time was while walking the Artemis Trail in Troodos!) he was on the PICAS panel of advisors and I know he has helped many people with their property issues.
Can you tell two things please is PICAS still meeting once a mouth and is steilos still on the panel?

I ask this because on the PICAS web site I cannot see any meetings after February this year.

Kind regards
Bill
Nigel Howarth
Site Admin

Post by Nigel Howarth »

Hi Bill,

There hasn't been a meeting of PICAS for some months. The woman who organised them (Deanna) has heath problems and the questions being raised became very repetitive.

I don't know if any future meetings are planned.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Contact Nigel Howarth